January 26, 2012

Project Life 2012 - WEEK 1 January 1-8

After a year of procrastinating, I decided to join a lot of scrapbookers doing Project Life. I decided that this year would be a good start since I have fewer DT responsibilites and commitments. I find it a great way to capture ordinary memories and making it important. Laundry day, playtime, storytelling, shopping for new clothes are regular day-to-day event but with this project, I can make it alive in our memory.

The enjoyment of this project can also be difficult since I am quite an OCD. I was scared at first because I might end up pressuring myself to make it look perfect. At first it took me a long time to do my first spread. I have read so many blogpost from other scrapbookers getting techniques and tips that I can do to make this project possible. I finally decided that the best way to go about this is by doing a hybrid version of Project Life.

I used to work as a graphic artist so I am very much familiar with all Adobe software. I have used this to my advantage by creating my own journaling cards. I also used it to layout my design on each page. Eventually I needed help so I purchased some digital elements of PL.

Here is my title page that I made using a 8.5x11 cardstock:


This is a hybrid design. I did the background paint splashes and the days in Photoshop while the other elements are embellishments from my stash. Initially I wanted to purchase the Project Life kit but due to my location, shipping cost is as much as the PL kit. I opted to using my stash instead.


My week one spread has 3 pages on it. One hard thing about this project is choosing the photos you want to tell the story about. I have sooooo many and I wanted them all in it. So since that week has so much memories that I want to keep, I made 3 pages.


You can definitely see in my first page that I am still trying to do it right. I know that there is no right or wrong with PL but at this stage, I am still adjusting.

One great thing about PL is being able to place a lot of journaling. I am guilty of not incorporating journaling on my layouts so this is perfect for me. I also love that I can easily add memorabilia like the drawing Hannah did that week. Isn't she great at 3years old.



That weekend we went to a quick getaway at Crosswinds Tagaytay. I have over 100 photos to choose from since that place is divine. In order to incorporate the events that happened that day, I made a collage in Photoshop. The back page is still blank since my dh promised that he will write a short story about our quick vacation.


Love, love, love the photobooth photos here. It was taken when we were in Tagaytay as well. I think incorporating photos like this in PL is perfect. It added personality and attitude.

So that's it. Sorry if my Project Life is a bit different from what you are all used too. I am having so much fun with this and hopefully I can commit myself in finishing this for this year. Thanks for patiently reading this long post. I would appreciate any feedback or information that will help me with this project.

If you are doing this as well, leave me a link to your PL post so that I can drop by. I am sure I will learn so much from all of you.

10 comments:

Anabelle O'Malley said...

WOW!!! This is one of the best PLs I've seen. I adore your colorful cover and the fun, bright pages. I especially love how you got so many pictures on a page. You're totally inspiring me to do this...maybe next year?

Danielle said...

Agree with Anabelle, I love your PL style!! And those photobooth pics are so cute.

Monique Liedtke said...

Fabulous LG!!! Love your bright colors and all those photos you used! I've also done week 1 but have yet to photograph it. Love making a PL album, wish I had started sooner, while my kids were younger!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your pages are GORGEOUS LG! I loveeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)

pysselpetra said...

So this is what you have been up to ... love love love your take on project life. The front page rock - love the way you made 2012 and the colorsplats - and the pages are so good too

Michelle H. said...

Amazing and love the design!!
Love all the colors and collage of pictures!!
One of these days I would like to work on this kind of project!!
WTG that you did it!!

Alex said...

WOW LG!!! You blew me away with your PL! I have never seen a better example! I am not making one this year, but after seeing yours, I am kind of regretting it. Love your front page and the fact that you managed to squeeze in so many photos but keep a clean and well-designed look. I admire your work, girl! And I think that doing hybrid is the right way to go!

Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Bonita Baksh said...

Love love love your PL pages. I would love to get one, but I'm scared of such commitment! Beautiful work. I love all the bright colors. I love the photo booth pics too, those are so fun with the kiddies:)

Mei Ann Guerrero said...

Hi LG! Your Project Life pages are awesome!!! I've been thinking of doing PL too but my schedule is so tight at the moment so I am just working on "weekend PL" just to get things moving. I love your works. I am a silent admirer of your masterpieces from day one {i remeber your 1st blog page had crayons on it}. You inspire me a lot. Thanks and best regards to your beautiful muse...

Zarah said...

Goodness gracious... WOW!! LOVE it all, especially (actually) the hybrid work on the title page. STUNNING!!

(Even if I am also totally crushing on the "best friends"-card with that cute little doodle! :D)