September 6, 2012

Lines In A Page

Hi everyone! I want to share one of my recent layout. This page was quite easy to make after reading some PDFs from Nic Howard's online class at Big Picture Classes.

One of the key element to consider my layout a successful one is if my photos are the focal point of my page. We can do this through different approaches like using the rule of thirds, clustering, and/or using large photos to name a few.

With this page, I used lines to draw the viewers attention to the photo. I have used triangular strips of patterned paper and twine to point towards the photos. By doing this, all eyes will go directly to the photos.

PARTY
 
Materials: BasicGrey Paper Cottage collection

Some close up images:


Thanks for dropping by!

7 comments:

apapelouca.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING the doilies and the banner!!! Adorable photos too!!!!

Natali said...

Love this page ! fantastic colors and great layout ! Beautiful...

pruts said...

wauwie !!!
love it

Amélie said...

Stunning layout!! love it!

Danielle said...

GORGEOUS! Love how you pointed the attention to the photo's.

Unknown said...

Military Challenge Coins
I am really impressed to this post because all the pictures are so nice thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work.