January 11, 2013

Confetti + Chipboard

Hi everyone! Today I am here to talk about a new trend that is getting popular in the scrapbooking and cardmaking industry, CONFETTI. According to Wikipedia, confetti is a multitude of pieces of paper, mylar or metallic material which is usually thrown at parades and celebrations, especially weddings. It is made in different colors, shapes or sizes. The great thing about confetti is you can achieve this effect on our papercrafts using scrap materials we already have - scissors, punches, or even negatives from leftover diecut pieces.
 

 I am sure you have seen a couple of layouts and cards in our gallery using this technique. I, myself, am fond  of this. I use confetti's to accent my pages, as part of my background, or even as a filler for empty spaces.

(using When Skies Are Grey kit by Scraptastic Club)

The effect of using confetti's on a layout or a card can be initially challenging. When I adhere these little pieces of paper, I do it one by one using a glue pen. Some uses spray adhesive wherein they spray their page entirely and just sprinkle the confetti over. I think both techniques will work but it will boil down to how much confetti you wanted on your project.


Imaginarium Design Chipboards used:
Frame for 600mm x 90mm Picture  (IDDL0007)
Two Hearts with Cross Flourish (IDDL0004)

Since my page is minimalist and I used the chipboard frame to be the guide to direct the eye to the photo, I just painted it with a bold teal acrylic paint.

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the colors and love love love love the confetti!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
broderie said...

Thanks for sharing about this idea of confetti over this post of your blog. Though this art could prove out to be difficult at the start, but as and when you master yourself in making it, you certainly end up getting an edge over design skills.

Keri said...

The blue frame with the layered sticker is just such a great look...love the confetti tips too, love to use it, hate to adhere it, lol.