January 9, 2009

Used to be an Artist

I would like to describe myself further to everybody.

I used to be an artist. Yes, used to.

I graduated from College of the Holy Spirit in Mendiola with a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts Major in Advertising Design. This course was chosen by my Dad for me because I really don't know myself that much before and I know for myself that I will excel wherever and whatever course I take.

I graduated last 2001 with recognition awards. Honestly, I got those recognition because I am great with academic stuff (almost 90% of my academic subjects were flat 1.0). The average from my academic classes helped my average to enter the Dean's Lists consistently because my Studio classes average are not as good as my Academic ones ( usually from 1.25 to 2).

I really don't have the gift of talent but I do have the gift of persistence. This gift helped me throughout my life and I was able to reach the top most often because of this. I struggled my entire college life trying to improve my craft. Let's face it, I do not have the skill unlike my other artist classmates who have the gift ever since they were born. I really have to practice everyday just to get a little bit close of what they already have.

Maybe if I took a different course that will not require any talent, I might have graduated Magna Cum Laude. Well I'm not regretting anything because I know I became an artist even for a short time.

Here were some of my works during college (almost 10yrs ago):

Charcoal Drawing
Charcoal Drawing


Pastel (Chalk and Oil)
Pastel (Chalk and Oil)


Traditional Photography (SLR)
Traditional Photography (SLR)

13 comments:

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Ei!Anong walang talent..look at the amazing sketches and pictures you have created.Fabulous!

LG said...

Hahaha! Naku lola ilang balong dugo ang tumulo sa ilong ko bago ko nagawa yan noh! But thanks ha. :)

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

No kidding,they are amazing!so wanna share your crafts with my readers and be my guest artist!

LG said...

Sige. Ill send you the details you require po via email now

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

thank you thank you!you are welcome to be my guest artist dear!

June said...

Very nice LG! :) I didn't know you're an artist. (Now I know.) It's not too late to resume naman. In my opinion, once an artist, always an artist! :)

LG said...

You're right! Why not! :D Thanks Dyoonet!

Candy said...

yes, I agree with everyone. You do have talent, albeit unrecognized by you as yet. Looking at your work however, I believe you really excel in B&W photography. Visually dynamic photos there!

sahmae said...

WOW! nice artworks... I also love the layout of your blog. =p so colorful!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

ei sis!musta?I sent an email for you.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO TALENTED. Great works. I can only dream of creating such pieces.

janis said...

Do you know the movie "Bata,Bata Pano ka Ginawa?" I think I can say a few lines from there:

"Akala mo lang wala (kang gift of talent), pero meron, meron, meron!"

;o)

LG said...

hahaha