October 28, 2012

Blue Skies Kit

For some time now, I have been using stamps, paint, and mists in my layouts. I love the artistic feel it adds to a page. I know it takes time for those to dry up but the outcome is always amazing.

ONE LITTLE STAR

For this page I have used the gorgeous Blue Skies kit by Scraptastic Club. The kit is a combination of MME Playful and EchoPark Record patterned papers with a beige, yellow, and blue palette. I adore all the embellishments that came with it and decided not to get the add on for this kit and challenge myself to only use the main kit.


Having only a daughter, I must admit that scrapping the color blue (if it's not teal) is challenging. I used a black and white photo to compensate with the palette and to make it pop. With the magic of stamping, paint and splatters of mists, I was able to combine layer different elements and still make the page cohesive.


I have 3 more layouts using the kit that I will post in the next few days, thanks for dropping by!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and love love love the stars!!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your layout, LG! great color combo! thanks for sharing and have a great week! *hugs* and much aloha, steph :)

Lilith Eeckels said...

JUST stunning!!!!

Keri said...

Just awesome angles & layers on this one, LG...gorgeous use of white space, love that you put the photo all the way up at the top!

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is stunning!!

Hilde/Scoobie said...

Wonderful details and supe cool design!