March 11, 2013

Colors & Fuzzy Cutting

It has been a while since I used a lot of colors in one page. I used to love so many colors when I was just started this hobby. I am also a huge fan of fuzzy cutting but with a limited time to craft nowadays, due to work, I rarely do it anymore.


For this page, I challenged myself to try my "Used to be" style when I started scrapbooking. I searched my stash and gathered supplies that has lots of pop of colors. I also did some layering of some fuzzy cut pieces from patterned papers.



For the Vine Flourish, I just painted it with white gesso, added a clear crackle paint and some stickles. I wanted the effect to be soft and neutral to look as if it was an extension of the photos. 




For the butterfly, I used a lot of liquid pearl to get the embossed and shiny look. I love how the texture looked like when it got dried.


I adore the bird cages. They are so cute especially with color. I have used the bib size and the tiny version of this cages. Both were painted with teal acrylic, used some crackle paint and glimmer glaze.

3 comments:

Bi Medeiros said...

It feels great going back to one's original and deepest pleasures in scrapbooking, and your LO does look vibrant and lovely!!!

Michelle said...

This is so pretty... definitely what I remember seeing back when. :) I am glad you had a good time playing around with your scrappy goodies.

Keri said...

Just stunning, bold, gorgeous design, LG...I love it!