July 10, 2013

It Started With A Sketch

Hi everyone! LG here with a layout that I did using the Awake My Soul kit and add-ons from the April kit by Scraptastic Club.

Usually when making a layout I follow my guts and without too much thinking, I just layer everything up and glue it together. That is the  easy to way to do it but sometimes, if I my mojo is hiding, I try to begin with a sketch. I mainly do my sketches on a piece of paper or if I have more time, I do it in Photoshop.

For my layout, I started with a sketch that I made in Photoshop using basic shapes to create my design. Here is the sketch that I made:


I initially thought of using several photos for my page but end up with a single photo layout. This is the great thing about sketches, there are many ways to interpret the elements on it. It can also be rotated based on your liking.

Here is my take to my sketch:


As you can see, I have flipped the sketch and made the doily images represent the circles in a bigger way. I have several rectangular elements and had so much fun with the layering. So next time Mr. Mojo is missing, motivate yourself to still create a page by starting with a sketch you can see online or better, create one yourself.

No comments: