November 2, 2013

Week 31: This Life Noted August Kit

For my spread, I have used the August This Life Noted kit. I celebrated my birthday along with Scraptastic Club's anniversary crop last August 3 and I can't think of any other kit that would be perfect for my birthday photos.
Here is my Week 31 spread (July 28-August 3)
Like any other This Life Noted kits, the August kit was full of surprises. I love all the journaling cards especially the 4x6 Ormolu cards. The embellishments were all fun to use. I am into layering so I enjoyed every bits of it.

Check out the close up details of some of my journaling cards:

I love working on my weekly spreads because it gave me the chance to use some leftover stuff from previous kits as well as my old stash. With The Life Noted kits, it made documenting very easy and relaxing to do. I can finish a spread in less than 2 hrs.
My usual process involves planning which photos goes with a particular journaling card. I measure everything so that I can print the perfect photo size for each and manage to include some embellishments. To avoid confusion, I label the back of the journaling card indicating which photo will be used on it.
Week 31 page 1
Measuring and printing is always the longest part for me. Once everything is printed, I just adhere everything together. Sometimes I ask my little 5yr old to help with the gluing because you can never go wrong with this project. It is double fun if I do this project with my love ones.
Week 31 page 2

No comments: