January 23, 2014

Layouts I made during Christmas week

LG here with a few layouts to share with you using the November Colorblind kit and add on.

I am pretty sure that everyone is very busy the weekend before Christmas doing some holiday shopping, preparing for the festive meal, welcoming relatives coming from different places, and doing some gift wrapping. I am definitely doing all of those but was able to squeeze in some scrappy time with my 5 year old as a breather with this busy season.

My first layout is a quick one. No special techniques but just gluing everything together.



This type of layout is perfect if you only have a few minutes to spare to create a page. Don't over think it but make sure to use elements that goes well together. That is why working with kits is the best way to go. Everything is coordinated already and half of the work is already done for you.



For my next layout, I had more extra time to do some watercolor experimenting. Since my daughter was already painting on her table, I decided to join her and create my own background.



I used a few colors for my background blending it with lots of water. It was hard at first because it was not looking the way I wanted but once dried, the colors were subtle and well blended together.



No comments: