January 21, 2014

Loving Gold

With the holidays over, I am sure we have accumulated a lot of memorable photos that we will truly treasure for a long time. What better way to keep these memories special by putting them on a layout or a mini album.

But what is the perfect theme to use as an inspiration for holiday photos? The color GOLD.



May it be a gold title, gold glitters sprinkled on the background, gold embellishments, gold star graffiti, gold paint, gold stitching, or gold trinkets - sky's the limit! Just add them to your layout or card and join this challenge.

For my layouts, I have used gold paint in two different ways. One for splattering and the other one for painting my chevron diecut.


For my first layout, I have used the October Never Tear Us Apart kit and add ons. This kit is perfect for your fall and Thanksgiving photos with all the yellow and the wood pattern embellishments. Despite not having a fall season nor Thanksgiving celebration here in the Philippines, I can use the theme of this kit as an inspiration and use everyday photos.


With all the earth tones on this gorgeous kit, the gold was the perfect touch that I need to give a glow to my page. Here, I have painted the chevron diecut with the gold paint that I bought from our local hardware store.


For my second layout, I have used November Colorblind kit and add ons. I adore this kit so much! It is very playful and fun to use with a big variety of embellishments to choose from, and eye candy colors. Gold will definitely add more pop with this kit.


I initially started adding texture to my background using white acrylic gesso paint on the bottom of a glass. Using the stamping technique, I have stamped circle texture onto my page. Then once dried, I added my photo and embellished my page with stickers, diecuts, enamel dots, buttons, thread, and the Maggie Holmes frame. My last touch was the gold splattered paint.

No comments: