May 9, 2013

Awake My Sout Layout

 Hi everyone! haring a layout using Scraptastic Club's April kit, Awake My Soul kit and add-on.

I just adore this kit so much. The combination of patterned papers, embellishments, and colors is perfect for everyday photos. 

For my layout, I was inspired with the phrase diecuts that came with the kit. I have a Silhouette Cameo but getting ready made cutout is a lot more convenient. I usually take hours just deciding on the design and the phrase that I will cut when I am in front of my laptop. So, just imagine how happy I am to get several of these with the kits.

Mine Forever
 

This layout focuses on the photo and the big phrase "Mine Forever" diecut. I used some scraps to paste beneath the words to make it pop. I have also used watercolor and mist to add color to my plain white background. I used the same color from the scraps I have used to make it coherent.


I also adore the add-on stamp that is with this kit. I have used a gold ink pad to achieve the same color of the kraft diecut. I am not good with stamps and wasn't able to press it hard enough so the effect was a little bit grungy. I layered the tags as well to add dimension to the page.  


I hope I get to use my Cameo more often now after this. Thanks for dropping by!



No comments: