September 23, 2013

Playing with Scraptastic Club Kits

Hi everyone! LG here with a few layouts using the July kits Out On the Town and Rock Lobster.

Out of all the monthly kits, the July kits were a perfect couple. The color combination, the patterns, and the embellishments work well together. It was the reason why I ordered both kits.

Happy Life

 For my first layout, I was inspired by the photo I took of myself using my iPad. I have used a photo app that created a rainbow filter on my photo and I mimic the effect in my design by creating my own background.


I have used Gelatos to draw some lines then I blended it with water. To add interest and dimension, I used some embellishments and stamps from both kits. I adore the Maggie Homes pink ribbon and used it as an embellishment on my hair. Isn't it cute?

Nusu Dua

For my second page, I was inspired by the stripe colors of both kits as well as my daughter's tights. I took advantage of it and used it randomly in my design.


As you can see, I also used the line effect on the diecut that I cut using my Silhouette Cameo. This made everything cohesive.

I do hope that I was able to inspire you all this Monday to start this week with some crafty time.
 

No comments: